Learn more about GoDrive by visiting https://www.goanywhere.com/managed-file-transfer/collaboration/godrive.
August 10, 2023
Removed support for the CBFS library.
Application is now available in the 64-bit version.
Added support for synchronizing files without extension.
Fixed an issue resulting in GoDrive not syncing a file if it was modified using Adobe, Word, or Excel.
Fixed an issue with progress bar when using two different accounts.
Fixed an issue with GoDrive that was related to exceeding the server capacity limit.
Improved performance by moving file information data to the database.
A new restriction rule has been added to avoid creating duplicate accounts.
April 26, 2023
Enhanced the performance of virtual file system with a stronger cryptography algorithm.
Integrated the Dokan interface to work with virtual hard drive.
Migrated legacy GoDrive data to the new Dokan supported file system.
Updated the Fortra License agreement.
Removed the Log4Net library.
Updated Newtonsoft from version 12.0.2 to 13.0.1.
Updated the system.net.security library from 4.3.0 to version 4.6.2.
Improved cache file creation during upload.
September 5, 2022
Implemented an architectural enhancement by switching from Universal Platform to Universal Platform Cube to easily integrate projects across our four supported platforms.
Rebranded the application with new styles and logo.
Updated the position of the "Change Password" button of an account for non-OAuth servers.
Updated error handling for Read-Only mode issues that occurred in both online and offline modes.
Fixed an issue with silent install that caused errors when running the command as a standard user and also when using Windows Authentication.
Fixed an issue where a pop-up opened on top of the expanded browser during the account registration process which caused users confusion.
Fixed an issue that caused excel files to be improperly moved when trying to save.
November 27, 2021
Fixed an issue where the "GA_URL" parameter value was not appearing in the application start window during silent installs.
Fixed an issue where users couldn't manually select a drive letter when using an old server on Windows.
Fixed an issue where an improper page was displayed after users ran silent installs from the Administrator command prompt.
Fixed an issue where old server accounts were falling into a read only state.
March 23, 2021
Optimized the client for increased speed and stability.
Updated the appearance of messages inside the Notification window.
Fixed an issue that would cause accounts to switch to read-only mode in rare cases.
Improved various UI elements for better useability.
December 2, 2020
Fixed an issue that caused the installer to fail because of a missing dependency.
April 21, 2020
- Added a new feature to navigate directly to a folder path within the Web User's Secure Folders.
- Added a timestamp to notifications for GoDrive events.
- Added the ability to enabled or disable Windows Authentication for existing device accounts.
- Upgraded the internal storage used for GoDrive data to support newer and stronger cryptography.
- Improved the cleanup process for accounts that don't complete the registration process.
- Improved the startup process when there are multiple accounts.
- Fixed an issue where, in rare cases, the device would continuously try to authenticate when the Web User was disabled.
May 23, 2019
- Reimplemented the automatic account registration from the command line installer.
- Improved the registration process so it doesn't require elevated permissions on the local system.
- Improved the Transfer Activity to allow for opening or navigating directly to downloaded files.
- Added uploading of folders from the Upload button.
- Improved how the multi-select of files and folders works.
- Updated the default download directory to a GoAnywhere folder in the user's Downloads directory.
- Updated the default log level to INFO instead of DEBUG.
- Multiple user interface and stability improvements.
April 24, 2019
- Rebranded GoDrive for Windows as GoAnywhere Desktop Client.
- Overhauled the user interface to be more modern and to match the look and feel of the Web Client.
- Added support for devices to work with the Web User's Secure Folders. The new desktop client provides the following Secure Folder features:
- Listing the Secure Folders file system with file size and last modified date information.
- Upload and Download support of folders with persistent folder structure.
- Drag and drop from Windows Explorer to the GoAnywhere Desktop Client to upload files and folders.
- Renaming of files or folders.
- Drag and drop within the application to move files and folders.
- Deleting files and folders.
- Multiselect files and folders to perform mass delete, move, or download actions.
- Creating new folders.
- Breadcrumb style navigation to show current folder path and navigate to parent folders.
- Transfer Activity to view status of uploads and downloads.
- Local settings to define the default download folder and the default behavior when uploading a file that already exists.
- New authentication scheme that is safer and prevents Web Users from being accidentally disabled.
- Existing accounts will be automatically migrated to the new authentication scheme when first connecting to a server that supports it.
- This allows for the support of single sign-on and multi-factor authentication when registering a device.
- Device will prompt the user to reauthenticate their Web User when determined by administrator settings on the server.
- Added the option to Activate GoDrive for a newly registered device instead of automatically downloading data.
November 1, 2018
- Upgraded the type of file system mount used by GoDrive to avoid issues if legacy mounts are disabled.
- Fixed multiple issues related to Microsoft Office documents being corrupt, leaving behind temporary files, or causing GoDrive to go into Read Only mode.
- Fixed an issue where conflicting folder names could cause GoDrive to go into Read Only mode.
- Fixed an issue where changing a user’s permission to a shared file/folder could cause GoDrive to go into Read Only mode in specific scenarios.
May 22, 2018
- Fixed an issue where editing Microsoft Office documents would result in a conflict file instead of a new revision.
April 13, 2018
- Updated the uninstall process to notify the server that the device has been deactivated.
- Improved the stability of the Activity window.
- Improved the responsiveness of GoDrive when there is a lot of activity.
- Updated the validation when changing the account password.
- Modified the registration process so the URL is persisted when using the Back button.
- Improved the error handling when attempting to mount the drive to a drive letter that is already taken.
February 19, 2018
- Added a new feature to allow an account to not start automatically when the application starts.
- Changed the scroll bar on the list of accounts in the Manage Accounts window so it only shows up when needed.
- Improved validation during the registration process.
- Fixed an application crash that would occur when stopping an account while transferring a file.
- Fixed an application crash that would occur when clearing account activity while the account is syncing.
October 13, 2017
- Rebranded GoDrive for Windows as a HelpSystems product.
- Increased the account User Name field length from 20 to 64 characters.
February 21, 2017
- Added the ability to pass connection settings as parameters to the silent installer.
November 17, 2016
- Added the ability to use Windows Authentication for Single Sign-On which eliminates the need for password updates in the GoDrive for Windows client when a user's network password changes.
May 24, 2016
- Upgraded the Callback File System to version 5.1.164 which addresses an occasional mount media issue on Windows 10.
- Added an ability to clear recent activity messages from context menu.
- Added an ability to automatically recover from a corrupt file storage
- Added missing "About" window which is a quick way to find application version and copyright information.
- Improved notification messages and toast messages for Windows 10.
- Improved user input validation
December 21, 2015
- Fixed a memory leak that could potentially lead to application crashes due to "Out of Memory" errors when syncing a large number of files.
December 7, 2015
- Enhanced the UI to provide a more unified look and feel of GoDrive clients across all platforms.
- Added a new unified notification window to allow more information to be displayed for sync actions and interactive context for those actions.
- Added transfer progress notification for files synced between the GoAnywhere MFT Server and GoDrive Client.
- Added file type icons for each known type in the notification window.
- Enhanced the file sync messages to allow a file or folder to be opened from the notification window.
- Enhanced the Share Invitation notification to display the file being shared, the person sharing the file, and the date the file was shared.
- Enhanced the auto-reconnect process when connection to the server is lost.
- Enhanced the Manage Accounts window to be more informative and allow managing all accounts from a single window.
- Added a permission check on move/rename actions prior to notifying the server.
- Added process to clean up roles associated with an account when that account is removed.
- Fixed an issue with the installer that could prevent the Callback File System (CBFS) drivers from being updated.
October 22, 2015
- Fixed an issue where the file size and end of file was not being updated appropriately when editing files locally.
September 1, 2015
- Created an exclusion list to better handle certain file types that might cache a lot of temporary data to the GoDrive folder.
- Added support for TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2
April 7, 2015
- When deleting files/folders remotely, entries would not be removed correctly from client DB.
- Resolved an issue when folder is deleted and created with the same name while client is paused.
- Re-ordered event handling to ensure that move operations are handled at the correct time in relation to other remote actions.
January 30, 2015
- Improved security when multiple users share the same PC.
January 22, 2015
- Better error handling to allow continuous file synching.
- Improved start up efficiency after large amounts of local changes.
- Fixed an issue with the application icon when running on Windows Vista.
- Replaced a cryptic error message with a more meaningful one.
January 14, 2015
- Initial release.