March 9, 2023
Users are now able to delete Owners, Resources, Schedules and Ad Hoc Schedules. A second confirmation message will be displayed prior to deleting all data relating to the record being deleted.
The Task Supervisor web site has been enhanced to use the https protocol.
Windows 11 is fully supported.
Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 support has been added to the installer for connections to Microsoft SQL Server.
A security update has been actioned to prevent Cross-Site Scripting (XSS) attacks.
A security update has been actioned to show generic failed login messages.
The web application has been enhanced to prevent cross-site request forgery.
The filtering on the Scheduled Tasks page has been enhanced.
The SMTP Components used to send email messages have been updated and now support SSL/TLS.
Password recovery now uses generic messages.
The web application has been updated to target .NET Framework 4.6.2 which addresses security vulnerabilities.
Fixed an issue with minute recurring scheduled tasks failing to take daylight savings into account.
Fixed an issue with date selection jumping when viewing scheduled tasks.
The "Tasks Outstanding" report no longer includes minute recurring tasks that were deleted.
Fixed an issue when adding a new task if the first group has no schedules defined.
The Task Supervisor installer can now be launched directly from a root directory.
- All gender assignment references have been removed from the product to comply with the requirements of GDPR.
- Task Supervisor now includes the ability to restrict user Roles by Group.
- Task Supervisor now allows the completion of a task without needing to provide a comment.
- Task Supervisor now allows the use of special characters in passwords.
- The ability to automatically approve new users has been added.
- The ability to automatically assign a role on self-registration has been added.
- Visibility of task status has been added to within the administration view.
- The ability to define alerting at Group level has been added.
- The requirement for SMTP user / password for sending email has been removed.
- Time zone details are now included on the alert.
- Filter settings are remembered when F5 is used to refresh the display.
- Task instructions have been added to the Task Detail report.
- A 'Tasks per Week' column has been added to the Task Detail report.
- A 'Day/Time field' has been added to the Task Detail report.
- 'Task Percentage Completed' information is now available on the Task History report.
- A Tasks Overrun report is now available.
- A 'Schedule' column has been added to all reports.
- 'Total Tasks Undertaken' information is available when exporting to Excel.
- 'Total Time Allocated' has been added for each Group / Owner included on the report.
- 'Volume of Tasks' information has been added to the totals shown on the Task History report.
- The default orientation of reports has been changed to landscape so that all columns fit on a single page width.
- The ability to AdHoc run a Schedule has been added.
- The ability to cancel a task without specifying the 'Time Taken' parameter has been added.
- The ability to filter by Owner on the Scheduled Tasks display has been added.
- The ability to alert when a task is overdue has been added.
- The ability to assign a task to a group of users has been added.
- The ability to create tasks that recur every 'x' minutes has been added (where 'x' represents a number).
- Mutilple hyperlinks and document links can now be included on a single task.
- A SAN device's URL can now be used as a web page link within a task.
Archived Release Notes
Please check the following archive files for Task Supervisor release information prior to 2015.